Tazasproject; one name, two artists. Guillaume Beinat and Alexandre Suné have been creating art in graphic design and new technology since 2009. Primarily interested in volume and space, their approach focuses on the fragility which digital media provides materials and objects. Their unique design and interactive installations echo each space, responding to its identity and temporality and always giving us new ways of seeing things.
Constantly pushing the boundaries between paper and digital media, for the last six years they’ve been working hard to connect their graphic production to an app. Their top notch iPhone and Android App TazasPlayGround has allowed them to incorporate Augmented Reality technology into a varying number of products including t-shirts, posters, postcards, and product packaging. Their projects are produced as limited editions, and sold in stores and museums across Europe and world cities from New York to Tokyo. Augmented Reality has allowed them to convert their static objects into digitally interactive creations.
Tazasproject is currently working on several interactive projects, art exhibitions, and running workshops and courses in different schools such as ECV Aquitaine in France. Whether for professional or cultural purposes, this French duo is developing a vision today that anticipates the future of interactivity.
Who we are! (video in french)
R & D Director.
Lives and works in Toulouse - France. Graduated with honours from Toulouse School of Fine Art in 2003, where he developed his interest in digital art. Since then, he has built his projects around residencies and exhibitions: Citée internationale des Arts – Paris, Roanoke College – Salem, (Virginia - USA) and the Festival Night Shot, etc. His work poetically questions our relationship with space. Using interactive methods and clever machines, he sculpts sound and projects images of intangible reality. It was during the QRTØ exhibition in Toulouse that he first teamed up with G. Beinat, and so began "Tazas Project". In 2012, they created Digital Interlude; an interactive installation on a giant LED screen for the Nuit Européenne des Musées. The two artists continue working together today on projects such as Paysages Sonores, produced by Unendliche for PanOramas – Le Parc des Couteaux en biennale (near Bordeaux) and several exhibition projects.
Lives and works in Toulouse & Bordeaux - France. After graduating from Toulouse School of Fine Art, Guillaume Beinat cultivated his aesthetic and developed his signature style from 2006 to 2008 across Germany and Japan following his research on the construction of symbols and images. On his return from Tokyo, he continued working on these themes and exhibited his work at several events. Through his diverse installations, Guillaume Beinat confronts us with the unknown, the personal with the masses, and plays on cracking the codes of a society in hyper-expansion. He has been coordinating the "Tazas Project" with A. Suné since 2010 and participates in world events, projects and festivals dedicated to digital art. Mixing paper-based and digital graphics, his main focus is on the relationships between space and body, sound and vision.
• "Waiting for a sign", interactive exhibition, Roanoke college Olin hall galleries - Salem Virginia, USA 2016
• "Aurora", Interactive Installation, Digital Art Biennal of PanOramas, Bordeaux, France 2016
• "Connected Conference", invited to speak about our research on Augmented Reality, Le 104 Paris, France 2016
• "Plus que parfaits... Corps augmentés en scene", Summer Exhibition, Interactive Installation, Opéra de Bordeaux, France 2015
• "CaféKultur", collective exhibition, Institut Français - Timisoara, Romania 2015
• "Clutch Art Book ", Artist book, Edition - Toulouse, France 2015
• "Between Science & Art", Interactive installation in conjunction with the "Michal Piotr Boym retrospective", Macao 2014
• "Neoptera", Interactive Installation, Digital Art Biennal of PanOramas, Bordeaux, France 2014
• "Behind his eyes", Interactive installation, Centre Culturel Bellegarde - Toulouse, France 2014
• "Spectres & Variations", European project and prize for digital installations in the Petiet Museum - Limoux, France 2013
• PanOramas, le parc des Coteaux en biennale", Augmented Reality devices for "Paysages sonores", Bordeaux, France 2012
• " QRT.0 ", solo exhibition GHP Gallery - Toulouse, France 2010
• International antiquarian book fair, on the question of "what’s an artists’ book?" Paris 2010
• " Papier Machine ", collective exhibition - Galerie Kamchatka - Paris, France 2009
• "Open Data - Toulouse métropole" - for "Flora'um" - Toulouse, France 2014
• Collective prize, "La novela"- for "Ville Sonore" - Toulouse, France 2013
• "Festival Indélébile", Self-publishing and zine Festival - Toulouse, France 2015
• "Festival Electro Alternativ", Interactive installation, Centre Culturel Bellegarde - Toulouse, France 2014
• Festival " Mai Numérique ", Interactive Installation, European Museum Night - Limoux, France 2012
• " Festival Indélébile ", Self-publishing and zine festival - Toulouse, France 2012
• " Nightshot #06 ", exhibition and interactive installation, Centre Méditerranéen de L’image, Malves-en-Minervois, France 2012
• " Nightshot #05 ", collective exhibition about new technologies - Centre Méditerranéen de L’image, Malves-enMinervois, France 2011
• "Fanzines Festivals ", Graphic design, Art-zine and Self-publishing event - Paris, France 2011
• Graphic arts festival " Portfolio" - Paris, France 2009
• " Crack On festival " - Media installation, Fort Prenestino - Rome, Italy 2009
• " Primer festival de ilustración y edición independiente de Barcelone" - Presentation of Tazas book in Miscelanea - Barcelona, Spain 2009